Tuesday 14 June 2016

Dr Who And The Chocolates of Wilston

Some readers of my Instagram account may have seen a photo of these cute little chocolates I made for a recent Trivia Night at the local school.  It is a big deal every year; everyone gets dressed up in costume and tries to outdo everyone else to win the award for best table.  Sadly our Doctor Who table didn't win, but our mates from the Addams Family did.  Yay!

I spent the morning decorating a Tardis cake and making some Dalek and Tardis chocolates.  It was a lot of fun.  So here I present my Doctor Who chocs.  It's not a recipe as such; it's just too simple for that.  Confession time: I didn't temper the chocolate first, but life is too short when you are busy getting ready to set out as the 4th Doctor.  And they looked and tasted just fine.





The Tardis and 4th Doctor






get yourself some good chocolate  



Grab yourself a decent block of chocolate - I ended up using 400g. as I made 2 lots. The mould is very deep so it took heaps of melted chocolate to fill.  Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 50 seconds, stir it and put it back in for a bit longer if needed.





pour the melted choc into the mould 





all ready for the freezer 



I was in a hurry 'cos I had to make another batch and time was of the essence, so into the freezer they went for an hour or so.  Then with brute strength I forced them out of the mould ready for the next batch.  I repeated the melting and pouring for the 2nd batch.





cute as a button 



I wrapped them in parchment paper and into a plastic container to be devoured by the hungry Whovians at our table.






bigger on the inside - my Tardis doodle

10 comments:

  1. Wow they are very detailed chocolates! I haven't ever watched Doctor Who but I could be easily persuaded through chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never watched dr who!? Oh my. I can't believe:))

      Delete
  2. I had a great time following along on social media and always enjoy seeing it all come together. How far in advance do you fnd out about the theme? Is it like Eurovision? Have you started planning yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they usually let us know about 2 months ahead of time. we were so tired after this one we may skip next year:)

      Delete
  3. You might not have won for best table, but 'best chocolates ever' had your name on them!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These chocolates look amazing Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they turned out really well Jem. i was pleased!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.