Saturday 18 June 2016

A - Z Guidebook - Melbourne Victoria

Miss Marples Tea Room, Melbourne Victoria   



I used to love the old Miss Marple movies with Margaret Rutherford when I was a child. She was just so funny and quirky. The image they use here at the Tea Room is clearly hers, so I couldn't help but love this equally quirky building with her face plastered all over it.  

This charming Tea Room is up the road from where I lived as a child, so has many happy memories for me.  Every time we go back to Melbourne to visit friends and family, we take a drive up to the hills.  Not a fan of the food here however!  Love the building but don't eat there.  It is very popular and packed to the gunnels at all times but sadly the food is pretty average.  Never mind that, it is lovely just to walk past and take in this delightful building.



Join in with Fiona from Tiffin Bite Sized with your own travel photo and story.  We are on to the letter M this month, as  you may have guessed.





TIFFIN - bite sized food adventures -



8 comments:

  1. LOL...admire the building from afar, just don't get close enough to eat there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL great building crap food could be a very honest saying for a place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Tudor-style building, bummer about the food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute place Sherry. Shame about the food but you'd almost expect it wouldn't you? Big on packing them in, short of quality. I loved the Margaret Rutherford movies too and the new 'TV' Marples as well. Thanks for sharing this quirky place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Geraldine mcewan as miss marple. So wonderful!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.