Saturday 31 August 2013

Apple white chocolate cream tart

Ok I confess.  This is a cheat's dessert, made up of ready made ingredients - mostly.  But it tastes
delicious and that is the most important thing surely?  I started off with a layer of frozen short crust pastry which I thawed and put into a lightly buttered springform pan.  You could of course make your own-  I find Maggie Beer's sour cream pastry is very easy to make and tasty too.
You then sift 1-2 tablespoons of icing sugar over the pastry and pop it into the oven at 190C for 15 minutes or till cooked through and golden. 
Leave it till cooled off then smooth a layer of caramel from a tin over it.  The next step is to take a large tin of cooked pie apples and place those over the caramel filling. 
Then whip 300 mls of thickened cream till you have firm peaks;  add 180g of melted and slightly cooled white chocolate and fold into the cream with a teaspoon of vanilla extract.  You can add the vanilla in with the cream when whipping rather than folding in later if you wish. 
Smooth the white choc cream over the apples and place into the fridge for at least a few hours, the longer the better.  I then sprinkled on a big handful of caramel bits over the cream. 
As I said, you could make your own pastry, and the caramel and stew your own apples, but when you want to make a dessert that is fairly quick and stressless, this is the way to go!

1 comment:

  1. The taste is definitely what counts and this looks like a really tasty cake! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.