Tuesday 10 November 2015

In My Kitchen - November 2015

Phew!  I am still recovering from a very hectic October.  Busy busy busy, and then some.  Thankfully November has started off very nicely, even though the terrifying thought that it is only 7 weeks till Xmas has my heart palpitating.  (And it will be even closer by the time you read this). 



I bought this in Canberra whilst there for the Food Bloggers' Conference  

Hopefully I will learn some great tricks and tips when I get around to reading this.  (I still have a couple of other books on blogging and styling that I haven't read yet - naughty me).



really tart and sweet

Bought this at the Capital Region Farmers' Market, after a cooking demo.  This is a really wonderful vinegar; a bit tart, a bit sweet, and just marvellously plummy.  I have used it several times already - on salads, and baked salmon.



a lovely grassy olive oil  

Yep, got this in Canberra too with the gift vouchers we were given. Thank you so much Farmers' Market!  I love this oil; it is grassy but not bitter as some are, and it is buttery but not too much.



I love garlic and I love smoked foods AND it's organic - win win  

There is something about smoked foods that really appeals to me. This is a great condiment in all sorts of dishes, so the little grinder has been getting a workout since we got home.



in our goody bag   

As some fellow bloggers know, I have a thing about wooden spoons so this was a nice surprise in our Conference goody bag. Now residing happily with the other spoons in my utensils jug.



another gift 

We were very spoiled at the Conference.  Another gift, filled with healthy recipes which I am planning on giving a go soon.  Thanks MerryMaker Sisters, for the book and the inspiring talk.



(almost) in my kitchen   

While we were in Canberra, we managed to sneak a visit in to the National Dinosaur Museum.  Naturally I could not resist this beauteous baby.  I love the quartz-y bits in the middle.  The fossil collection is ever-growing.

  
huuuge tea towel 


Poachers Pantry were sponsors, and gave us a humongous tea towel.  Soooo useful. And they make the best smoked duck I have ever eaten. (and no one paid me to say that). :=)



another tea towel 


Mr P. and I flew to Sydney before going to Canberra.  Mr P. loves the movie Matilda, so I bought tickets to see the musical while we were down there.  Neither of us are fond of musicals usually, but this was a fun night, and really well done.  So I bought the tea towel!



such moreish popcorn 


We drove down to the Twilight Market at Raby Bay the week before Halloween to catch up with the friendly fudge lady Marisia. Her popcorn is a real treat, and doesn't last very long in my kitchen.

October was a hectic, amazing and exhausting month.  So many big things happening all around the same time.  I met great people and did lots of fun, new things.  Did I mention I was a tour guide during Brisbane Open House, much to my surprise!

Join in everybody with Celia from Fig Jam & Lime Cordial, to take a gander into global kitchens.  You will find so much to see and learn there.


24 comments:

  1. Yes, you have certainly had a busy October - Sherry - resulting in lots of goodies, lucky you:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel
      It was fun but bloody tiring. November is much calmer thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. We have a few thing the same in our kitchens, wonder how that happened. Bit disappointed I missed that plum finishing sauce, it sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vinegar is fabulous Sandra. There was so much I would have loved to buy at that market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Sherry... the La Barre is excellent! Loved seeing all your goodies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Poacher's Pantry tea towel too. So big and pre-washed so it's nice and soft. The Matilda tea towel made me smile as that's definitley my kitchen at present. Good to see that wooden spoon made it in ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep it is a fab tea towel. and the wooden spoon was a dead cert for IMK :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Sherry! The fossil is beautiful, and I like the sound of that plum finishing vinegar. Loved the Matilda tea towel, that gave me a good chuckle! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi emily
      nice to see you here.:) yep i adore my fossils; i just can't help buying more. and the vinegar is really tasty- so useful on lots of dishes.

      Delete
  7. I've never tried smoked garlic before but I bet it's incredible! It sounds like you had a ball while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's delicious stella. very smoky. and yep we had fun at the conference.

      Delete
  8. Having previously lived in Canberra, I often went to the Capital Region Farmers Market (still one of my favourite markets in Oz) & am familiar with a lot of those beautiful products you have in your kitchen this month. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at Eat Drink Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes we had a fab time in canberra for EDB christine:)

      Delete
  9. It looks like you got lots of lovely treats this month! The Blood Plum Finishing Vinegar would be my favourite. It sounds delicious and very versatile. Matilda is such a great book and movie! That tea towel is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi maggie
      the vinegar really is fabulous. and yep we love matilda here.

      Delete
  10. Sherry, I don't think you're naughty at all for putting off reading tips and tricks for blogging. (Seems to me like you do a fine job in spite of it, plus things generally present themselves "when" you need to ponder and apply.) :) LOVE how you applied that Blood Plum Finishing Vinegar to salmon and your thoughts on smoked food. (Smoked garlic? Oh my, yes!) Cool fossil, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi kim
      thanks for your kind comments. i just love my fossils!

      Delete
  11. It's a shame I'm moving further away from Canberra. It's becoming a go-to foodie destination.
    EllaDee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi elladee
      your comment came up 3 times so i only added it once) yes canberra really surprised us with its foodie focus and trendy bits.

      Delete
  12. Sherry, what great produce you brought back from Canberra - I will be looking for some of that plum balsamic and that smoked garlic (OMG!! I think I'm in love!) Love the tea towel too - very cute for the kitchen ;) Great peek in your kitchen #IMK x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I am enjoying the Canberra goodies. :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.