Wednesday 8 October 2014

Egg cream- take 2

Ok readers, I decided I had to improve on that first attempt of egg cream which seemed to need some tweaking. I had left some for Mr Pickings to try later in the day and after drinking it, he said plaintively-"it wasn't what I expected".  So here is what I did the second time.
I grabbed my blender and put in half a cup of coconut milk and 4tbs of chocolate syrup.  I whizzed this up for about 30 seconds till it was frothy.
I then added a few drops of natural coconut essence to boost the flavour, and gently poured in some soda water.  It was now frothy and creamy without being heavy!  And made one delicious serving.  Yep I think I finally understand the egg cream thing.






12 comments:

  1. Egg cream was always an ice cream soda where I grew up and I love them. I know - kids food - but I will always be a kid at heart where these are concerned. I worked at an ice cream store when I was in high school and it was always cream and either vanilla or chocolate and mix well, add the soda water and a scoop of ice cream. heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi maureen
      it actually reminded me of a spider; you know the drinks with a soft drink base and a scoop of ice cream.. quite similar i think.

      Delete
  2. Well that looks like a lovely drink to enjoy on a hot day. I love how it's made with coconut milk. I'd never heard of egg cream but now I know - soda water is very handy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes charlie it turned out quite well and the soda water gave it a fun fizz.

      Delete
  3. Interesting drink - Sherry - would be lovely and refreshing on a summers day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh we had egg creams when we were in Albuquerque and they were so tasty! My favourite one was the coconut one coincidentally :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi lorraine
      yes i read it in one of your posts which i mentioned in my previous post!:))

      Delete
  5. I have never had an egg cream...sounds interesting and I happen to have some almond milk, coconut milk and cream right on hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. give it a go! it is quite refreshing.:) coconut essence optional.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.