Thursday 3 October 2013

Lemon curd icecream

Ok you'll be thinking- not only is she a chocolate nut, she's also freakily obsessed with lemons. True on both counts! I am never without chocolate of some sort and lemons in my fridge.
So this week I decided to make up a batch of lemon curd icecream; recipe here from the blog Spicy icecream. It is actually a recipe for blueberry cobbler with the icecream but I left out the cobbler part!
I used my regular recipe for lemon curd-here- then I followed Spicy Icecream's instructions.
Ingredients:
250 mls lemon curd
1 can condensed milk
500 mls thickened cream
Method:
Simply whip the cream in one bowl till you have soft peaks
Empty the condensed milk into another bowl
Fold the cream gently but firmly into the condensed milk
Grab your loaf tin lined with freezer liner
Spoon some of the creamy mixture into your tin, then some of the curd and swirl!  Keep going till all the cream and curd are finished up
Freeze for at least 8 hours. 
This would be lovely with fresh strawberries or other fruit on top. I am thinking candied lemon slices would be great also. And maybe finely chopped into the icecream before freezing. Or you could even try the cobbler!
ingredients in the saucepan

curd all ready to go!

swirling and layering

all done!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I've made one with meringue in it and lemon curd and it is really refreshing-I'm obsessed with lemons too! :P

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.