Monday 12 August 2013

Weekend away

Last weekend Mr Pickings and I took a quick break into northern NSW.   The weather was glorious, and it was so nice to get out of town.   We went to the Tweed Art Gallery on the way down to Brunswick Heads.  They have a marvellous exhibition on at the moment- After Afghanistan by Ben Quilty.  It is incredibly moving, and I thoroughly recommend a trip to see it.
We continued on down the coast to Brunswick heads where we were staying the night.  It is such a pretty and quiet little town;  thank goodness the local council does not allow large developments or multi storey buildings.   It has the feel that Byron Bay used to have many years ago-  a country town with interesting locals and a relaxed laidback lifestyle. 
There are wonderful little shops and cafes down there.  I had a very enjoyable time browsing in the marvellous shop Fabulous Mrs Fox.  A must-visit if you are in the area!
I bought a strange and funky wooden-handled implement from Argentina I was told, which apparently is to help in cutting equal portions of pizza!  They have many weird and wonderful items in the shop.  
They also have a famous cat!  She is a very beautiful and very calm and friendly Abyssinian brought from Argentina by the owner.  She reminded me of the famous Streetcat Bob who is also a calm and happy cat well known all over the world. 
You really can't go past a trip to this lovely region of NSW!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting contraption! Does it work with the pizza? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet Lorraine. I think it could be anything. !

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.