Sunday 18 August 2013

Not quite Nigella's bacon maple syrup ice cream

I have a big fondness for anything bacon so I couldn't resist trying out Lorraine Elliott's amazing recipe. When Mr Pickings and I lived in the USA for a few months we got used to the weird and wonderful mix up of sweet and savoury that Americans like to eat.   A classic was their vegetable jello;  a friend of a friend brought this bowl of green jelly-sweet mind you!-to a dinner party.  Amongst this sweet green horror (you have to remember I hate anything gelatinous) were vegetables of various sorts including carrots.  Oh the horror!  We also ate sweet pies and cakes with Thanksgiving turkey, and sweet cheese blintzes for dinner with vegetables.   One meal we both loved however was breakfast which would include lots of crispy bacon with maple syrup-a winning combo every time. So how could I resist this recipe!
And any leftover egg whites go straight into the freezer in a plastic bag.  They will last for a few months. 

3 comments:

  1. Bacon and maple syrup are just meant to be together! Let them never be apart again, especially when there's ice cream involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, I'm so pleased that you liked it!! Your bacon maple ice cream looks amazing and I'm working on another bacon dessert now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you come up with next Lorraine !

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.