Monday 26 August 2013

Chocolate sorbet

I am a bit ambivalent about chocolate. My friends would probably say I am chocolate mad but I am very particular about the sort of chocolate I eat. I have to have the really dark, preferably bitter stuff. That is not to say I won't scoff down any choc around the house!  I really love flower scented chocs like violet, lavender and my all-time fave of rose-geranium. It leaves a lingering aroma on your taste buds that you don't forget in a hurry.  I decided to try making sorbet again. I had made a chocolate ice some time ago which wasn't all that successful. But the comments for this recipe on Smitten Kitchen sounded amazing and I had to try it. It is absolutely divine but be aware it is completely chocolate flavoured. I mean it is all-encompassing in a brilliant chocolatey way.  I even had it for breakfast this morning!   I even had it for breakfast this morning!  oh and by the way, you don't need an ice cream maker for this.   I gave it a stir with a whisk after about 30 minutes in the freezer (I had put the mixture in a stainless steel mixing bowl first).   I then grabbed my stick blender and gave it a whizz after another hour or so,  then another quick whisk with my regular whisk about 30 minutes after that.   Then i just scraped it into my container and left it overnight.  It froze beautifully with a lovely smooth texture.  It is also great for people who are lactose-intolerant like me!  It is so hard to believe it doesn't have cream or eggs in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.